Black Bean Chilli
Serves 40 (Uploaded : 17/10/10. First cooked : tba)
12 garlic cloves
3 tbsp mild chilli powder
3 tbsp ground cumin
Dash of cider vinegar
3 tbsp brown sugar
8 cans chopped tomatoes
10 cans black beans, rinsed and drains
12 cups of Rice
1. Put rice in pot and add plenty of water. Cook as per instructions on packet.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onions until almost soft (5 minutes or so).
3. Add chilli powder and cumin and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, sugar, tomatoes and some seasoning. Cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Pour in the beans and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Serve with rice. (But do not include any rice in the take away meals)