Serves 50 (Uploaded : 18/07/14. First cooked : 17/07/14. Rating 4/5)
Total time: 2:15 hrs. (Preparation: 0:45hrs, Cooking: 1:30 hrs)
4K mince beef
14 tins (400g) chopped tomatoes
14 onions, sliced or diced
14 carrots, roughly chopped
10 cloves garlic, sliced or crushed
6 sticks celery, roughly chopped
1 tube tomato puree
Mixed Herbs, salt and pepper to taste
1/3 bottle Worcester sauce
1. Cut up vegetables. (Saves time by using a food processor to crush the onions and carrots - no need to peel the carrots first).
2. Fry the onions in oil until close to going translucent (about 15-20 minutes). Add carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until celery starting to soften (5-10 minutes).
3. Remove vegetables from pan. Fry mince beef in oil until browned on the outside.
4. Return vegetables to pan. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs, salt/pepper, and Worcester Sauce and mix well. Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer for about an hour.
5. About 30 minutes before eating, put large quantity of water on to boil. Aim to have the water boiling about 10 minutes before eating. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al-dente (about 10 minutes)