Serves 50 (Uploaded : 12/03/11. First cooked : 10/03/11. Rating 4/5)
6K cubed boneless chicken breasts/thighs
14 onions, sliced
large block of ginger, pealed and sliced thinly
14 garlic cloves, crushed (or sliced thinly)
14 tsp Mild chilli powder
5 x 400g chopped tomatoes
4 x 200ml coconut cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
10 cups rice
1. Cut potatoes into 4 or 8 pieces (or 2 if small potatoes). Boil for 10 minutes.
2. In separate pan, fry onions in oil until starting to go translucent (about 5-10 minutes). Add ginger and garlic, cook for 2 minutes stirring regularly.
3. Add chicken and seal (until the outsides of the cubes have just started to go white).
4. Drain cooked potatoes and add to chicken. Add tomatoes, coconut cream and chilli powder. Bring to boil and simmer until chicken cooked (somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes after simmering starts). Check chicken is cooked through by cutting into a couple of cubes of chicken.
5. Add lime juice and salt/pepper to taste. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
6. If cooking rice, boil around 5 litres of water, add rice and boil until cooked as per instructions on the packet (eg, around 10 minutes for basic white rice).