Serves 25 (Uploaded : 18/03/11. First cooked : 17/03/11. Rating 4/5)
NOTE : THIS RECIPE CONTAINS RICE. IT IS SUITABLE FOR THE CHURCH, BUT CAN NOT BE TAKEN TO THE SHELTER
2.5 kg of skinless, boneless chicken
2.5 kg Arborio risotto rice
1 pack celery
half a bottle of white wine
900 gr packet of frozen peas
chicken stock (lots)
salt / pepper
(Total weight : approx 6K)
1. Brown chicken (to help make sure chicken is cooked through). Put aside.
2. Gently fry onions and celery in butter until soft.
3. Add rice and cook for a couple of minutes. Add wine cook for another couple of minutes.
4. Add enough stock to cover the rice. Add chicken. Keep stirring and adding the stock gradually until the rice is cooked (takes about 20-30mins)
5. Add peas about 10 mins before the end.
6. Take off the heat and stir in a couple of heaped table spoons of Parmesan cheese and a large knob of butter.
Make sure there is enough liquid as it should be a creamy consistency. Add hot stock as desired.
7. To keep warm, do not keep on cooking, but instead add hot stock.