Serves 40 (Uploaded : 17/10/10. First cooked : 02/12/10. Recipe rating: 4/5)
12 Large potatoes, diced
5 400g cans Coconut milk
8 Medium or 5 Large Butternut squash
3 jar 680g tomato pasata
8 mixed peppers
2 inch ginger, peeled and chopped finely
10 cloves garlic, crushed
3 jar tikka masala curry paste
1. Heat oven to 200C, Gas 6.
2. Peal and cut into small cubes the aubergine and squash. Cut potato into small cubes (peeling optional). Put cubed vegetables into large roasting tin(s), with some oil and 1 jar of the curry paste. Mix together, season and roast for 30 - 50 minutes, until softened.
3. Peel and chop the onions roughly. In a pot(s), fry gently in oil in large pan until soft and golden (around 10 minutes if heat is gentle enough). Add water if they are drying out. Stir in remaining curry paste and cook for 3 minutes. Then add passata, coconut milk and and 500ml water. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Deseed peppers and cut ends off courgettes. Cut both into bit size pieced.
5. When vegetables are roasted, tip them into the pot with the onions and sauce. Add the peppers and courgettes, Simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender.