Our ValuesFoodshare is a values-based charity. This means we explore the values we feel are important to us, list them out, and work out how we should behave in order to honour those values.
Our values focus for this month is Compassion.
What it means to Foodshare
We define compassion as : concern for others and a willingness to assist and support. Which really declares what we are all about!
How it drives our actions
Sympathy, sensitivity, kindness, warmth, concern, empathy, tolerance and brotherly/sisterly love.
Following discussions with colleagues, family and friends other meanings may come to light. Please share your thoughts with us to create an increasingly meaningful and helpful understanding of what it means for the charity to be compassionate.
The values Foodshare aspires to were chosen by the volunteers, co-ordinators, donors, recipients, referrers, and trustees. They are listed below:
- Dignity (Leave a sense of worth,being included)
- Engagement (Opposite of indifference, co-responsive, involvement, time to talk, guidance)
- Tolerant (Non-judgemental, open minded)
- Honesty (Up front, realistic)
- Love (Warmth)
- Togetherness/Unity (Team work, Inclusion, united front)
- Caring (Listening to others)
- Appreciation (Thanks giving)
- Individuality (Individual needs)
- Reciprocity (Inter-dependence)
- Trust (Confidentiality)
Please feel free to share your thoughts on any or our values. By becoming more aware of our values, and what they mean to everyone involved with Foodshare, we can increasingly grow into the charity we aspire to be.